Foreign exchange students adapt to the USA

Traveling the world and studying abroad is something we could only dream about. However for some, they are living two separate lives.

Students from South Korea, Sweden, and Brazil are at Glenn to study abroad and delve into the American education system, society, and culture. There are three foreign exchange students present this year.

“I came to America because I like the culture and the people,” sophomore Isabelle said. “I like it here, it’s really cool.”

As Glenn begins its second school year, principal Lomeli heavily emphasizes building more culture and relationships with these exchange students.

“I want to speak English fluently,” junior Youjin Park said. “I want to meet a lot of new people.”

Traveling to a new country alone is scary, especially if you’re on your own. But with an open mind, anything can happen.

“I really like it here, especially the food,” Park said. “But I don’t really like the classes.”

Adapting to a new form of living is a challenge, since other countries have many different ways of education.

“In Korea, we just took one class,” Park said. “But here, we have to switch classes.”

Traveling and learning about new cultures, people, music and art is an experience one could die for.

“I love it here,” Isabelle said. “It’s really cool.”