Staff Stance: Campus should have more decorations

The student body should advocate for more free-spirited creativity among the campus. Art and imagination are major aspects of what makes life beautiful and are also keys to academic learning. Tones of color and images could really bring our school to life.

As a new campus, we must embrace diversity and showcase student talent with art and teacher’s personalities with classroom decor. The school walls are bland and boring, they don’t make students feel welcomed. Filling up the walls with more televisions and posters aren’t bringing anything unique to our school. The atmosphere should enhance the aspect of having a global mindset. Art is a captivating concept.

The students could start with something simple, a small painting or a sculpture could start a chain reaction. When the school year started, students were bombarded by the responsibility of starting school culture. We must really embrace what our school stands for and how we can express it. Administration needs to support the students and teachers with decorating the classrooms. This will help us get to know each other and make students feel comfortable while they learn. Just because the school is new does not mean that it should be plain.

We know there are many creative people on this campus. Students, embrace your creative side and advocate for making this school a better place. Let’s show some school spirit, let’s have a say in how this building looks and how we want to be perceived when visitors step into the hallways.