Track makes regionals

Nine students made it to the Area track meet after District finals, which took place on April 12.

“I think overall we have had an outstanding season,” track coach Daren Childs said. “We set the first mile relay record for the school.”

Sophomore Nathan Hatter was one of the track students to make it to Area after getting one of the fastest times at the District finals.

“When I heard that I made the cut and was going to the next race, I knew that I had done something great,” Hatter said.

Hatter competed in the 400 meter race and 4×4 relay with a time of 52.2 seconds.

“The feeling of putting your body in a state where everything is working to perform stronger and faster helps me stay dedicated to running,” Hatter said. “My favorite moment is crossing that finish line knowing I just gave it my all.”

Sophomore Regina Briseno-Partida also made it to Area. She competed in the 4×1 relay and the 300 meter hurdles.

“It feels cool knowing that I’m going to be one of the first people [making it to Area] for the school,” sophomore Briseno-Partida said. “I don’t think [being on a team with mostly guys is] intimidating at all. I think it helps me get better.”

Everyone can join track, but only the fastest qualify to lead the team in the right direction.

“I would say that the impact we make as the first Varsity track team for Glenn will be very effective,” Hatter said. “The more we accomplish, the more the future teams will need to work in order to make Glenn more known for track.”