Staff Stance: Grades going in quicker could enhance school preformance

Students face the daily struggle at school every day- grades.

Grades let students know how well they are doing in the class and if they have mastered the required curriculum. We have noticed that many teachers do not regularly update their gradebook, thus providing students with challenges. There should be more accountability so teachers put grades in on a regular basis. By grades going into the gradebook sooner students can see if they passed or failed an assignment and then take the necessary actions to fix the grade.

Grades going in quicker also allows students to have more time to fix the grade and make sure it is of higher quality than the previous grade. This gives students the opportunity to be responsible and proactive in school. This could also improve the number of students on the AB Honor Roll and decrease the number of them failing classes, making Glenn one of the best schools in the district for academics. Failing grades also impact UIL eligibility, which makes a huge impact on athletics and fine arts.

Teachers should put grades in sooner to give students more time to go to tutorials and get the help we need to learn the curriculum. Grades posted sooner could also raise the level of academic achievement in the school and give Glenn an even better reputation academic wise.