The student news site of Glenn High School

The Growl

The Growl

The Growl

Super Bowl LVIII: San Fancisco 49ers VS KC Chiefs

At the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada
The+San+Francisco+49ers+will+play+against+the+Kansas+City+Chiefs+at+the+Allegiant+Stadium+in+Las+Vegas+Sunday.+
The San Francisco 49ers will play against the Kansas City Chiefs at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas Sunday.

It’s officially Super Bowl week and the NFL season is almost over. The Chiefs are set to face the 49ers in Vegas for the Lombardi on Feb. 10. Most NFL fans are upset about this matchup, calling it boring due to the Chiefs and 49ers always being at the top of the league. During the NFC and AFC championship games, we saw a majority of NFL fans on social media rooting for the Lions and Ravens: two teams that are extremely fun to watch, let alone the fact that the Lions have never reached a Super Bowl. Alas, they did not make it. Here is what happened last week:

Chiefs Vs Ravens

The Kansas City Chiefs traveled to Baltimore for a hard fought battle with the Ravens on Ja. 28. The Chiefs defense was by far and away the reason they won. They shut down a dominant Ravens offense led by Lamar Jackson to only 10 points. However, it wasn’t like the Chiefs won by a landslide either, only scoring 17 points. A defensive battle with very few explosive plays and not much action was the result in Baltimore in a generally boring game.

Lions Vs 49ers

Now this was a great game. The Lions took on the 49ers in San Francisco where they held a 17 point lead at one point before blowing it in the second half. The first half was a disaster for the 49ers where their offense could not move the ball and their defense could not stop the high octane Lions offense. Going into halftime, the Lions were up 24-7 but were soon upended by their own folly. Detroit then proceeded to sit on their lead and not pass the ball, getting outscored 27-7 in the second half, giving the 49ers the victory. 

Now the NFL’s two best teams will face off against one another in Super Bowl 58 in a rematch of Super Bowl 54. The Chiefs are looking for their 4th Super Bowl trophy while the 49ers are trying to add onto their 5 Super Bowl wins. Mahomes Vs Purdy should be one of the best QB matchups of the year. I think the 49ers and their amazing defense will be able to get it done against Mahomes and his weak receiving core. The only reason I can see this being a close match up is because of how good that KC defense is, which will keep them in the game until the very end.

Viewers can catch the game Sunday evening on CBS or Nickelodeon starting at 5:30 p.m..