The Growl

Filed under Entertainment, Showcase

I dare you to find a worse movie than “Truth or Dare”

After being talked up for quite some time, the new horror film, “Truth or Dare” was released. Filled with so many famous cast members you’d expect the movie to have a higher rating than 1-3 stars, but that seems to be the norm by what most critiques have rated the movie.

The idea of this movie was more scary than the actual movie itself. It was talked up a bit due to many famous actors from TV shows being casted including Lucy Hale and Tyler Posey, but it was a little disappointing. The only truly “scary” part of this film were the death scenes simply because of the suddenness and the gore. The plot was a little shaky and unoriginal but nonetheless it is worth watching.

In the beginning the main details of what was really going on was quite confusing. Gradually the details became clearer on describing the demons curse and what the rules to the game of were. The middle was mostly filler death scenes and attempts to raise suspense and create a mood. Towards the ending everything was revealed quickly although it was thought out very well, it didn’t make up for what the rest of the movie lacked. Overall I rate this movie a 4 out of 10.

About the Writer
Layla Smith, Staff reporter

Layla Smith, sophomore age 17. Layla has taken Tae kwon do, Han mu do, and Jiu jitsu in her early life. She has earned up to the rank of black belt first...