Boy’s basketball

More wins than loses

The boys’ basketball team has played in several tournaments and games since their season started in late October.

The program is divided into three teams: Freshman, Junior Varsity, and Varsity. Each team competes against other teams their level in the 4A district. The team is lead by head coach Byron Harkless and Taylor Logsdon.

“I am excited to see what the boys have to offer this year,” Logsdon said. “As a coach, you always see what your team needs to improve on and project that improvement onto the goals you set for the season.”

The team has a lot more wins than losses this season and they are doing everything they can to keep it that way for the remainder of the season.

“We work hard in practice every day,” junior Tray Earles said. “We are always working on ball handling, strength or conditioning either at practice or during the athletic period.”

The freshmen had to step up to the plate this year, being exposed to basketball at a high school level.

“This year, we had a lot of new incoming freshmen join our program,” junior Daterian Gamble said. “I think we could really use them to grow and strengthen our program. They all have a lot of potential. I’m excited to see them grow as athletes and experience first hand the impact they make on our season.”

The team looks forward to having a full varsity team next year with seniors.

“Next year, we won’t have any excuses,” Earles said. “Not that we didn’t play to the best of our ability these last couple of years, but we really have to give it our all since we will no longer have the disadvantage of only have underclassmen.”